Date(s) - 08/09/2018 - 16/09/2018
Program is subject to change.
How can Smart eMobility help overcome climate change? This is the theme of our S4C program around the Global Climate Action Summit 2018, taking place in San Francisco from September 12- 14, 2018. The Summit, an initiative of Governor Brown, will bring together leaders from state and local governments, business, and citizens from around the world, to demonstrate how the tide has turned in the race against climate change, showcase climate action taking place around the world, and inspire deeper commitments from each other and from national governments—in support of the Paris Agreement
The Action Summit is a great background for the affiliate Smart eMobility events and networking with US partners taking place during that week. Furthermore, the Netherlands is working on a broad representation of the Dutch government at the summit and during the Smart eMobility events, organized this week by S4C in California. Please be invited to join us at the Coast-to-Coast Smart eMobility program
Summary of the program – you can download the complete program here
Saturday September 08: Santa Cruz (optional)
- Visiting National Drive Electric Week, downtown Santa Cruz
- Electric ‘after party’ in Santa Cruz and informal dinner.
Sunday, September 09 :Sacramento
- Visiting National Drive Electric Week initiatives Silicon Valley
- Welcome dinner Sacramento
Monday, September 10 : Sacramento and UC Davis
- ‘How can smart charging help overcome climate change?
- Keynotes from APPM, eLaad, EVBox, Greenflux and Greenlots.
- Visiting American Hub Living Lab Smart Charging.
- Strategic Charging Infrastructure Procurement
- A strategic session with the California Energy Commission on how to organize the procurement for the highest quality of charging infrastructure in California.
- Drive the Dream in Silicon Valley
- A networking event with Veloz: different pitches and pledges for exponential PEV growth in California and the Netherlands and networking with Dutch and US partners.
Tuesday, September 11: Field visits Silicon Valley
- Visit BMW group technology office, Mountain View
- Visit Nissan Research Center Silicon Valley. How does Nissan work on autonomous driving, what is their vision?
- Meeting of the Minds: Dutch – US networking dinner even
Wednesday, September 12 : San Francisco – Dutch Consulate
- Sustainable Urban Mobility of the Future (by invitation)
- Keynote session by Dutch Minister Stientje van Veldhoven
- Smart eMobility: Drivers for Accelerating EV Deployment: what are the lessons learned in California and the Netherlands?
- The future for Hydrogen in transportation; initiatives in California and the Netherlands.
- Integrating Bicycling in the Mobility Mix: obstacles and strategies
- Networking lunch
- Smart eMobility: best practices and Next Steps Forward
- ‘Smart eMobiity and smart data’. A workshop on how to govern data and intelligent technologies for better smart mobility solutions. A workshop organized byMarianne Faro (Itility), Daan de Cloe (TNO) and Omar Bakr (Tarana Wireless)
- Workshop ‘Smart Urban Mobility Solutions’. What is happening in our cities in The Netherlands and California in the field of smart urban mobility solutions and what are the visions for the future? With keynotes from Mark van Kerkhof (APPM), Jos van Kleef (Goudappel Cofeng), Pim Brouwer (TomTom) and Edwin Shaw (e-Traction).
- Partners announce new commitments and initiatives aimed at accelerating clean mobility and smart charging in Californiaand the Netherlands.
- Conclusions and next steps forward
- BBQ at the Residence of the Consul General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Thursday, September 13: San Francisco
- Zero Emission Showcase – Yerba Buena Center Network meeting at Yerba Buena Center (San Francisco) at the ZEV showcase. The ZEV Showcase will be a themed pavilion of exhibits and vehicledisplays and will focus on many of the topics at the Summit.
- The Business Case for Moving out of Overshoot – Consulate General Global Footprint Network is an Oakland-based environmental research organization known for creating the Ecological Footprint; the worlds most widely used one-planet metric. By translating the results into one number, it is easy to understand and scalable—from measuring one person’s footprint to cities, states, countries, and the entire planet. This would be an excellent opportunity to discuss e.g. for the Smart e-Mobility sector:
- How do we go beyond corporate green activities to building business models based on sustainability and a fossil-free future?
- What if we evaluated companies from the perspective of whether their business models are aligned with getting humanity out of overshoot?
- How can we vastly increase the percentage of businesses activities worldwide that fit into this category?
- Technology Expo: networking and speed dating event for technology companies active in the field of Smart e-Mobility at Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
- Dinner in San Francisco with Dutch delegation Climate Action Summit.
Friday, September 14: San Francisco
- Workshop: ‘How do we prepare the next smart generation?“ A workshop on how to inspire the next generation, and how we educate our students and young professionals. With keynotes from ACE Mobility, Richard Tavener (Fused Learning), educational practioners and inspirational kids&teenagers. At the Children’s Creativity Museum for back-to-School launch of Adventures 2 Smarter World.
- Free time to visit affiliate events climate action summit (program to be released in summer).
- Informal dinner
Saturday, September 15
The price for the arrangement as specified above is € 3.450,- *
* What’s included?
- All visits, presentations and meetings 9-16 September
- Organization of all events
- Transportation Sacramento – Silicon Valley – San Francisco
- Hotel accommodation, lunches and dinners for 6 nights and 7 days
* Not included:
- Extra night/program in Santa Cruz and transport to Sacramento ( € 450,- per person)
- Intercontinental flight Amsterdam – San Francisco
- Personal expenses
US partners that will attend occasional events will be charged only the expenses (lunches or dinners)